Go Murphy is an Indie Rock band from Fargo, ND, comprised of Marcus Rondestvedt (Vocals, Guitar), Ryan Dahl (Bass, Backing Vocals), Jason Forthun (Guitar), and Tom Hill (Drums). Formed in May of 2011, Go Murphy self-released a four song self-titled EP in April of 2012. Their first full length album titled ‘A is A’ was self-released in May of 2013 and has enjoyed both local and national success including international radio play. Their follow-up full length album titled ‘Buildings’ was released in May of 2016.
A is A – 2013
The A is A LP takes the strengths from the EP and comes across much bigger. The vocals are more powerful, highlighted in the choruses of We All Want More and Don’t Go Away, the drums sound bigger and better throughout the album and the bass has moved into the lead on several songs including New Year, Keep In Mind and A is A.
Go Murphy EP – 2012
The debut EP has been characterized as an open space and one that lacks conventional structure. The free flowing nature of the music allows the songs to breathe and reflects their choice to not force the songwriting process.
Go Murphy cites We Were Promised Jetpacks, Built to Spill, Failure, Explosions in the Sky, Radiohead, Muse and Hum as some of their influences.
- Opened for national acts such as We Were Promised Jetpacks, Balance and Composure, Bear Hands, Tokyo Police Club, Electric Six, Title Fight, The Velvet Teen, and Paper Lions
- Featured in a National Radio Ad for American Family Insurance in 2015
- Won Best Band Award in the fall of 2014 sponsored by RadioFlag
- Performed on North Dakota Today
- Played RedGorilla Music Fest at SXSW in 2014
- Finalists of the High Plains Reader 2013 & 2014 Best Bets for Best Original Band
- Voted by the fans as FMs Finest Band and featured at the FMs Finest Finale in 2013
- Featured in Fargo Monthly Magazine, summer of 2013